April 30, 2015
Dear Fairfield Parents and Guardians,
We hope everyone enjoyed the April break! As we head into the busy month of May, I want to be sure to bring some upcoming events to your attention.
- Our 8th graders will be heading out on their overnight trip next Friday, May 8th, to upstate New York where they will spend the day and overnight at a ranch in the Adirondacks, and the next day white water rafting the Hudson River. Our 8th graders worked hard this sugaring season, and produced about 45 gallons of maple syrup in our school sugar house. We are proud of their work and wish them a fun trip!
- There is a teacher in-service day on Friday, May 22nd. There is no school on this day for students.
- School is also not in session on Monday, May 25th for Memorial Day.
- May 29th will be our All- School BBQ lunch presented by the Abbey Group. Students will follow their regular lunch/recess schedule on this day. We invite parents to join us for lunch on that day! The Abbey will send out additional information.
- May 29th is also the date of our K-5 Spring Concert. The concert will begin after the BBQ at approximately 12:30pm.
- The Middle School General Band, Jazz Ensemble, and Choral Concert is planned for the afternoon of Wednesday, June 10th. We will send a reminder regarding these events as we get closer to the dates.
- We are wrapping up SBAC testing this week with make-up testing. Grades 4 and 8 will be taking the Science NECAP assessment in May. I will send information to families regarding the specific testing dates next week.